Score: 3.50 Votes: 6
rate this

VIETNAM - 35 Years Later~40 years since I arrived this year......

Starter: SydneySinbad Posted: 14 years ago Views: 936
Lvl 30
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/05/vietnam_35_years_later.html
* This post has been modified : 14 years ago
Lvl 15
WOW!!! thank you for the link
Lvl 17
Vivid memories.........
Lvl 4
nice find!
Lvl 8
SydneySinbad Vietnam along with all the other wars of aggression the United States government has gotten us involved in are a stain on our people. Our founding fathers never intended us to behave in this manner and many in our country disagree with these actions. The soldiers sent to these wars deserve the utmost respect for performing their duties without question. The politicians that put these young men and women in harms way should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Our military should be reserved for defending our country, unfortunately the rulers don't agree. God bless our troops and God bless the United States of America. (beer)
Lvl 18
You can't prosecute politicians over going to war except in really extreme circumstances like if torture was authorized or the Constitution or treaties were violated.

Sometimes war is necessary and if you start prosecuting politicians just because a war is unpopular then they'll all be too scared to go to war when it is necessary.

On topic: Pic #5 is crazy to me. That kid looks exactly like my 16 year old cousin. Some of the other pics are a lot more graphic but for some reason that one trips me out the most.
* This post has been modified : 14 years ago
Lvl 17
Quote:
Originally posted by ArtieLange

SydneySinbad Vietnam along with all the other wars of aggression the United States government has gotten us involved in are a stain on our people. Our founding fathers never intended us to behave in this manner and many in our country disagree with these actions. The soldiers sent to these wars deserve the utmost respect for performing their duties without question. The politicians that put these young men and women in harms way should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Our military should be reserved for defending our country, unfortunately the rulers don't agree. God bless our troops and God bless the United States of America. (beer)

Not everyone see this, your way sadly

Very nice picture collection by the way, glad i wasen't in that war!
Thank you to all who served in any of our Armed Forces. I lost an uncle in Vietnam--he was a Marine Recon. Another uncle of mine was a dog handler/explosives expert. He chose to put his beloved dog down instead worse outcomes after the withdraw. Congress and their "..dogs are like tanks... property and are disposable....pfft..