Score: 5.00 Votes: 2
rate this

Top Ten Best Low Fly-Bys!

Starter: SydneySinbad Posted: 13 years ago Views: 1.5K
Lvl 30
Forgive the cheesy Top Gun intro, these are pretty low!
Pay attention to the # 1, the last one.
It happened during a Blue Angels event over San Francisco.
It was the pilots last show and he had nothing to lose.
Many of the boats lost windows to the Sonic Blast.

http://biertijd.com/mediaplayer/?itemid=19448*
Lvl 25
now thats some impressive flying.
Lvl 6
yep yep thats awesome
Lvl 12
The last one was not actually a "sonic boom". The cloud was cause by the nitrogen gases building up around the wingtips and creating a vortex. This is more common in a humid climate. Had he gone much faster he probably would have broken the sound barrier. I like the one with what I think was a C130(#2).
Lvl 37
Good Shit!

Lvl 22
Quote:
Originally posted by chaosdefined

The last one was not actually a "sonic boom". The cloud was cause by the nitrogen gases building up around the wingtips and creating a vortex. This is more common in a humid climate. Had he gone much faster he probably would have broken the sound barrier. I like the one with what I think was a C130(#2).

#2 was a KC135

Which is even more cool because 130's do low flight as a mater of their mission, 135's carry fuel and don't normally
fly that low.

Thanks Syd for this! 5*****
Lvl 6
Quote:
Originally posted by chaosdefined

The last one was not actually a "sonic boom". The cloud was cause by the nitrogen gases building up around the wingtips and creating a vortex. This is more common in a humid climate.

agreed. that would have been lawsuits out the ass if he had broke the barrier...he certainly wouldn't be flying any more if he did. Trust me you feel it when they do break the barrier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S22RM2tkxw

here's a few more pics from that day..
Lvl 22
Cool pics RSsteve, have anymore?
Lvl 6
I have a ton of stuff from my deployments. hmmm...I can't remember ever stumbling across a military picture thread. I might have to go see if there is one.

Lvl 22
There is one sort of that Waywardson started Here

The mod on that part of the forum Fathertime said we could post aircraft pics so please add there or start your own topic in that forum. If you need help just ask

me or Fathertime
* This post has been modified : 13 years ago