Score: 4.70 Votes: 20
rate this

Sharing Sydney with SydneySinbad

Starter: SydneySinbad Posted: 11 years ago Views: 32.0K
  • Goto:
Lvl 30
A photo from inside Polair 5 looking towards Polair 4.
Lvl 19
Lovely pics Sydney. Makes me regret that my two times in Australia were so short and not to Sydney, other than a quick hop from a plane to a smaller plane. When I was in the Navy (US), we made port in Brisbane for liberty and some friends and I went to Toowoomba. The second trip was with an education group while I was in college and we went to Broken Hill to learn how they deal with water rationing and some other things. That was the trip were we got off a plane wondered around airport for a bit and then got on a smaller plane to Broken Hill. Brisbane and Toowoomba were interesting and kind of beautiful and Broken Hill was beautiful also but made me kind of sad. Broken Hill was like many former mining towns here in the states that had to find another means of making it when the mines either dried up or dropped in production. Seemed like it was doing well, but also showed signs that it had been much more at one time. The one thing that astonished me though was what was considered a large or small farm in that area, since I am not familiar with other parts of Australia, mostly in the fact that they had "small" farms that were larger than many large farms here in the states and the "large" farms were on par or larger than very big ranch operations here.

I would love to get back to Australia and visit more of it. I loved the TimTams i had while I was there, freaking awesome.
SydneySinbad finds this awesome.
Lvl 30
12 Noon today:
[Deleted] finds this awesome.
Lvl 30
Australia Day, yesterday:
[Deleted], omuh find this awesome.
Lvl 4
These are so nice.
Lvl 19
Where is Sydney Sinbad these days ?
omuh finds this awesome.
Lvl 4
Wish I knew. He has such a wide diversity of post subjects - and they're all fantastic images.
Lvl 19
I always loved his posts. They were so positive.
waywardson finds this awesome.
  • Goto: