Score: 3.00 Votes: 6
rate this

OMG!!!! I'm Speechless!

Starter: SydneySinbad Posted: 15 years ago Views: 6.6K
  • Goto:
Lvl 11
You can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs... I'm hungry.
Lvl 14
the same thing will go on in canada :s

During Canada's annual war on seals, hundreds of thousands of baby seals are killed for their skin in the most horrific ways imaginable. Seals stand no chance against club-wielding trappers who are after their fur, and they must look on as fellow pups are bludgeoned to death before meeting the same bloody fate.

These seals, many of whom are only weeks old when they're barbarically killed, have their skulls smashed in or are shot point-blank by hunters who are driven by profit and greed. The anguish that a mother seal feels as she watches her baby being beaten to death just a few feet away from her is horrifying and can be heard in her desperate cries and seen in her attempts to get to her baby.

Last year, more than 205,000 individual seals were killed during the massacre, which is nothing more than a money-making scheme orchestrated by professional fishers, and Canada will soon begin its annual merciless attack on seals for their fur.

Check here : http://getactive.peta.org/campaign/seal_hunt_09
Lvl 14
That is fucking bullshit. I do eat chicken and steak. If I had to raise cattle in order to eat a steak I would never eat it. But dolphins are far too intelligent to be killing them. They are pretty much the top of the food chain in the ocean and should be treated with respect. But I would totally shoot a deer in the head like it was my bitch.
Lvl 19
Thanks for totally killing my masturbation.... I guess Ill go be productive..boooo this post
Lvl 11
I wish they would come do that to the damn seals and sea lions here in the Pacific NW
Lvl 12
MMMM, Blubber.... Seriously tho...screw tradition -rarely is it good for all in the long run.
First of all those photos most be some years old

Second, yes some gets killed but not so many and its not like thy kill lots every day.. Only 1 day in one year thy hunt some and kill them.

So chill
Lvl 11
færøerne kinda has nothing to do with Denmark.
they are kinda independant. or well, they want to be.
but they are not like the people from the rest of denmark.
Lvl 11
meh. Check out a meat packing plant. If they arent endangered I really don't give a Fnck.
Lvl 14
Quote:
Originally posted by awere

First of all those photos most be some years old

Second, yes some gets killed but not so many and its not like thy kill lots every day.. Only 1 day in one year thy hunt some and kill them.

So chill

The fact that the massacre is "only" one day in a year, dont make it right...

Quote:
Originally posted by Wibber

færøerne kinda has nothing to do with Denmark.
they are kinda independant. or well, they want to be.
but they are not like the people from the rest of denmark.

They still want our financial support, wich i think should be cut off. if they want inderpendence, give it to them.
Lvl 5
Um...What the fuck. That is horrific. I understand they gotta eat and whatnot, but that is fucking brutal.
Lvl 11
Quote:
Originally posted by gnu1202

Um...What the fuck. That is horrific. I understand they gotta eat and whatnot, but that is fucking brutal.

Here's how beef arrives at your favorite steak house and grocery store.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL6gnMHK53k[/youtube]
Life is brutal, if you don't like it, it's better if you don't think about how you get your food and leather goods.
Lvl 28
Having your meat sitting in a plastic wrapped, unrecognizeable, sterile environment, ready for purchase, or better yet, already cooked, certainly does give one the ability to be comfortable in their hipocracy.

Every darn piece of meat you ever put in your mouth had big sad brown eyes at one time.

Vegitarian, bleeding heart, bunny huggers would be singing a different tune real quick if their bellies were aching. Such moral judgements are born of nothing more than social apathy. They have absolutely no basis in reality. And I don't care what the situation, if you eat meat and wear leather, drawing the line at your own personal point of comfort is simply hipocritical. If you're a vegan and never-wear-leather type, then my hat's off to ya. At least you live what you preach. Although I'd like to see if that conviction would last through starvation.

(OK, off my soapbox)
Not 100% sure on this, but I think that most meat processing plants like the one shown above don't do business like that anymore.

They take an electrically powered piston and drive it through the cow's skull, killing it instantly. Ya know, kinda like the crazy serial killer in No Country For Old Men? One hitter quitter type stuff.

Of course, there's still a lot of crazy shit going on to get people fed. But like bustMall here said, it's easy to be a whiny hypocrite on the deal when you have a readily available food supply every day.

Things like this are only going to get worse, you know. The human population is skyrocketing and multiplying at an exponential rate. We already don't feed the entire population of the Earth very well. What happens when we've got 20-50 billion people living on the planet instead of just 6-8 billion? In a lot of futuristic sci-fi work that goes into theories about the extreme future of the human race, we end up recycling dead people, feces, and anything we can get out hands on to make nutrient/protein paste that feeds the vast majority of the population. Hardly anyone gets "real" food.
Lvl 11
Quote:
Originally posted by wtwhizz

They take an electrically powered piston and drive it through the cow's skull, killing it instantly.

If the heart stops, the animal doesn't bleed out as well, so I doubt that slaughter houses are actually killing them first, I think it's more likely that the device just knocks them unconscious.
Quote:
Originally posted by brownell

If the heart stops, the animal doesn't bleed out as well, so I doubt that slaughter houses are actually killing them first, I think it's more likely that the device just knocks them unconscious.

Yeah, you're probably right. The key point being the animal feels little to no pain and isn't terrified before it gets whacked off like they are when zapped with a cattle prod and then stabbed through the throat to thrash around on the floor.
Lvl 23
Those wales contain lots of blood...maybe they should go to Blood Donation?
Lvl 28
I'm not Jewish, so I could be wrong here, but I think the only slaughterhouses that are concerned with thoroughly bleeding out an animal are those that are buthering for the kosher market. I believe that most others do indeed kill first, bleed second, so whatever drains out of the carcass is what gravity takes out. Just my guess.
Lvl 51
I feel ashamed to see these images, what goes through the minds of these people will be doing ... this massacre?

Where are all these protection agencies such as Greenpeace?

It should be ashamed of that country's authorities to allow such barbarity ... What do we call the race thinking?

Who are the animals?

Lvl 8
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm whaleburgers
  • Goto: