Score: 0.00 Votes: 0
rate this

Greatest Fighter?

Starter: Bangledesh Posted: 18 years ago Views: 860
Lvl 24
Who do you think the greatest fighter is?

My hat goes to Royce Gracie. I wont explain why.
* This post has been modified : 18 years ago
Lvl 10
ALI!!! Martial Arts: Bruce Lee
Lvl 11
Steven Seagal Arf...
Lvl 4
Currently... heavyweight = fedor emelianenko, middleweight = vanderlei silva, lightweight (tricky one) = takanori gomi / bj penn / genki sudo...

Of ALL TIME... Rickson Gracie, Royce has done soo much for mma but even he says Rickson is 10x better than him..
Lvl 15
Remy Bonjasky, K1 fighter. Definately the best
Lvl 12
Muhammed Ali period.
Lvl 17
this one guy bruce who kicked my ass in high school
Lvl 10
Bruce Lee and Grandmaster Park, a korean karete and hap ki do master that i met in my youth, he was 13x black belt and knew kung fu and mastered many martial arts. He could balance is body on a spear by his throat. And many other things like that, he was wicked, probably still is, I havent talked to him in about a year or two.
Lvl 24
Bruce Lee was a bad ass.
Lvl 9
Cassius Marcellus Clay...no boxer has ever come close to being as good!

Martial arts..cetainly Bruce Lee, but Chuck Norris wasn't a lightweight.
Lvl 32
clay beat alot of his matches before he got in the ring
Lvl 33
ali, who else???
Lvl 11
George Foreman, hands down. And I don't care what happened in the jungle, because nobody has talked about Ali in the PRESENT tense since 1980. Foreman on the other hand stepped into the ring at 45 years old, took a young Michael Moorer for 10 rounds and then knocked his ass the fuck out - winning the heavyweight title at an age where most fighters are eating their food through straws. Not the most muscular - not the most agile. Hell, he wasn't even known for having a KO punch, like Tyson. But Foreman is the smartest fighter. He always learned from his mistakes.
Lvl 18
joe frazier or rocky marcianno
Lvl 9
Quote:
Originally posted by Bangledesh

ditto

only cause he is dating a friend of mine, and he would kick my ass if i didn't vote for him!
Lvl 12
Being a martial artist myself, I think i should give my two cents on this:

Bruce Lee was an incredible fighter. Not only that, a philosopher as well. He created a brand spankin new form of fighting by combining the best parts of all martial arts, culminating in what's known as Jeet Kune Do today. Plus that one inch ounch of his was (and still is) phenomenal.

However, there are other masters out there. Any members of the Gracie family would be awesome to watch it. They are the undisputed masters of ground fighting.

In the UFC, which everyone knows is a mixed martial arts fighting forum, Tito Ortiz is one of the biggest superstars in the Octagon. Having seen a few of his fights on TV and DVD, I can say that he may not be the fastest or even the most agile fighter I have seen, but he is definately a bad ass.
Lvl 11
currently ricky 'the hitman' hatton
Lvl 24
Quote:
Originally posted by toph_001

[reply=Bangledesh]

ditto

only cause he is dating a friend of mine, and he would kick my ass if i didn't vote for him!
[/reply]

what really? damn thats awesome.

wait a second. imagine the weird ass positions he can come up with...
Lvl 24
Quote:
Originally posted by MDT20

Being a martial artist myself, I think i should give my two cents on this:

Bruce Lee was an incredible fighter. Not only that, a philosopher as well. He created a brand spankin new form of fighting by combining the best parts of all martial arts, culminating in what's known as Jeet Kune Do today. Plus that one inch ounch of his was (and still is) phenomenal.

However, there are other masters out there. Any members of the Gracie family would be awesome to watch it. They are the undisputed masters of ground fighting.

In the UFC, which everyone knows is a mixed martial arts fighting forum, Tito Ortiz is one of the biggest superstars in the Octagon. Having seen a few of his fights on TV and DVD, I can say that he may not be the fastest or even the most agile fighter I have seen, but he is definately a bad ass.

i downloaded the the second ufc and one of the later series, it seems to me that there isnt the skill involved as when it was the gracie days... there was just a lot of flailing arms, seeing who could place the most punches on the opponents body before the ref decided there had been enough...
Lvl 15
UFCs Randy Couture, taken both the heavyweight, and light hevyweight titles