Score: 5.00 Votes: 2
rate this

Emulators

Starter: Punly Posted: 16 years ago Views: 786
  • Goto:
Lvl 27
I've recently been playing some old favorite games on various emulators. Does anyone else play with emulators?

Which systems/games do you play?
Lvl 8
Not for a hot moment but I used to play them all the time. NES, SNES, Turbo Grafix 16. In fact I had them all, about 18k games on my old mod'd xbox.

Great way to pass the time when not on WBW.
Lvl 59
I used to have a shitload of NES games, but that was on my old HD that took a big shit & I never reinstalled them.
Lvl 27
I have a gameboy emulator which will play GB, GBC, GBA games, and SNES emulator which of course does all of the SNES games, and I've been playing with this N64 emulator i just got. I've been playing Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Duke Nukem 64, and i just got perfect dark, which back in the day, what the fucking shit.

It's very nostalgic playing all these old games. :P
Lvl 27
*bump*
Lvl 28
If by emulator you mean "penis" and by "play" you mean "try to stick in blu-ray discs"..

..Then, no I haven't.

But I would like too...play old games I mean, how would one do this?
Lvl 8
Easy, google "Nes Roms" or whatever system you want. Somewhere with the roms you'll find the emulators that allow you to play said system.

Its funny when you think about how big the old systems were, moreso how big the game cartridges were when now when you d/l them....they are 70k or somesuch.

Games have come a long long way eh?
Lvl 14
I found this site : http://www.emulator-zone.com
but i dont know how you would get the actually game(s)
Lvl 8
Here you go, ALL kinds of emulators. Systems I had even forgotten about.Coleco Vision WHOA, blast from the past.

http://www.theoldcomputer.com/Libarary's/Emulation/emulators_summary.htm

and here are Roms for your gaming pleasure.....

http://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/nes.html
Lvl 27
Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_X

If by emulator you mean "penis" and by "play" you mean "try to stick in blu-ray discs"..

..Then, no I haven't.

But I would like too...play old games I mean, how would one do this?

I could tell you, but it'll cost you. $500 per link.
Lvl 23
I play nesticle, zsnes, magic engine, and mame32. I love all the old SuperCD RPG games for the TurboGrafx Super CD ROM system, and Magic Engine is awesome. Lately I have been playing a lot of mame32. Total Carnage is addicting. No matter how many times I beat it, the fact there are a million things to shoot at over the course of an hour or so is great. Double Dragon, the 194x games, I love them.

I am a proud File>Save Staterer.
I have a PC set up with three emulators. One does Sega, one for Super Nintendo and the other for Mame (arcade games). At one point I had an arcade cabinet set up for Mame but I got bored with it.
Lvl 23
Oh, I forgot wgens200 for Sega Genesis games. Play that one often too.
Lvl 13
That's pretty hardcore screwy. Looks sweet though.
Lvl 9
Quote:
Originally posted by screwy.one

I have a PC set up with three emulators. One does Sega, one for Super Nintendo and the other for Mame (arcade games). At one point I had an arcade cabinet set up for Mame but I got bored with it.

That's pretty sweet. Would make for a kickass entertainment room.
Lvl 59
I want to play some Sega NHL 94.

Then screencapture it and have an awesome EricLindros avatar.

I honestly think that without the Sega NHL series the NHL would be like 15% less popular in the US than it is today.
Lvl 13
Quote:
Originally posted by EricLindros

I want to play some Sega NHL 94.
Then screencapture it and have an awesome EricLindros avatar.
I honestly think that without the Sega NHL series the NHL would be like 15% less popular in the US than it is today.

Is that the one where you could fight?
Lvl 27
I've looked at one of the links in here for the emulators, yet I can't figure out how to set one up on my PC
Lvl 23
Quote:
Originally posted by HipsterDufus

Is that the one where you could fight?

Yes you could, I still play NHL 92. Just don't fight as #99, 2 hits and he's done for!

Here is that screenshot you wanted. Eric Lindros right after being knocked on his ass.
Lvl 59
Oh, fuck no.

That's why '94 was better. That was when they introduced those 'specialty' moves. Lindros' was the ability to deliver a check while puckcarrying. That shit was awesome.
  • Goto: