Score: 2.14 Votes: 7
rate this

Do You Like To Grill?

Starter: [Deleted] Posted: 16 years ago Views: 1.1K
  • Goto:
If so what is your favorite recipes? Or favorite sauces on what meat? I recently discovered Budweiser barbecue sauce and find it awesome on chicken. And You?
Lvl 9
Vegetable spice, on ANYTHING!!
Lvl 5
A mixed spice dry rub (garlic salt, ginger, rosemary, etc.) and indirect heat for steaks... poultry, whatever the marinade or sauce, cover half the grill with aluminium foil (spray down with non-stick spray) and cook on the foil--- keeps the grill cleaner and the indirect heat keeps the meat moist and the sauce from burning.
Well living in aussie...we pretty much BBQ for anything and anytime, specially on Christmas day..

so yeah, we like...i love it, and dont care as long as its meat/chicken, then im sweet with the BBQ sauce
So Far So Good! Will take note. I like to take a pork shoulder and rub it with garlic salt and black pepper then add an equal although small amount of worschteshire (good spelling) and soy wrap in foil and grill for as long as the coal lasts. but no more than 3 hours. very good. Even better surrounding it with your favorite vegetables!
VOTE!
You know, with all of your threads about fucking family members - I can never take you seriously again.
Lvl 18
I keep it simple with steaks: olive oil, salt, pepper and white balsamic vinegar. same for chicken except I add fresh Thyme when available.
Add it up how many threads about fucking family members! Give it a rest! So hey do you know how to grill?
Quote:
Originally posted by assman3

Add it up how many threads about fucking family members! Give it a rest! So hey do you know how to grill?

Yes.

But I don't want you getting all turned on when I tell you I usually invite my family over when I do.
Lvl 18
so yeah. the vinegar tenderizes the meat and also caramelizes and becomes sweet and tangy.
I was aware of vineger tenderizing but caramalizing as well I had no clue!
Lvl 28
Quote:
Originally posted by Jack

But I don't want you getting all turned on when I tell you I usually invite my family over when I do.

Grilling for your family is always fun do you have too much fun? Cmon Im not the person you are acting like I am I made a couple of interesting post and found humor in them. Again give it a rest. And what can you grill , lighten up man.
Lvl 17
I like to make my own marinades. Firstly, I can't stand the amount of salt in the boxes of marinated meat I find in the supermarkets. Secondly, I can't stand the amount of salt in the BBQ sauces.

I almost always use vinegar or wine, oil, sugar, salt or soy sauce, chilli, garlic and black pepper in my marinades. The oil is usually olive oil. In addition I may throw in basilica, oregano, tomato puré, nutmeg, etc. I usually have more different marinades than I have different types of meat.

The vegetarian department may include (no, none of the people I grill with is really a vegetarian, that wouldn't work) garlic cloves, mushrooms, tomatoes, bell pepper, chilli peppers, onion and corn (I don't like corn, but many of my friends do). Most of these are usually fresh and unmarinated, but mostly I have a simple garlic oil for them (oil, garlic, basilica). Mushrooms and tomatoes can be stuffed with cheese.

Why does anyone start a thread like this on fall?
Quote:
Originally posted by assman3

Grilling for your family is always fun do you have too much fun? Cmon Im not the person you are acting like I am I made a couple of interesting post and found humor in them. Again give it a rest. And what can you grill , lighten up man.

You take yourself - and this forum - far too seriously. You won't make it here long getting butthurt about someone pointing out your family fetish.

Now before I have to fend off comments about me being a troll - this is the last time I post in one of your threads. You're probably better off - though a shot of humor is probably needed.
Lvl 7
anyway fellas i like to take corn on the cob wet a towel just a little past damp wrap the corn in the towel and cook slowly the wet towel keeps the sugar in the corn from escaping and drying out the corn instead it caramalizes it.and makes for a very good vegetable. picked this up out of a book several years ago and its always a hit.

p.s. leave my family out of it
Lvl 16
I love to do a nice marinade but I always improvise so there's really no recipe. Usually consists of some oil, soy-sauce and if I've got it, some sweet-chili sauce. Add whatever spices you have at home and it's a marinade. I always make sure to put the meat in the marinade at least the day before so that it really soaks that marinade up.

assman3 = Family Guy?
Lvl 13
and do you like to drill?
Lvl 22
(offtopic)i hardly ever grill...i don't have a family
Lvl 10
indirect heat for steak just sounds wrong-
  • Goto: