Score: 3.00 Votes: 2
rate this

Can i really make some money by doing webcam shows?

Starter: jillymayr Posted: 9 years ago Views: 4.8K
  • Goto:
Lvl 3
Not sure if it's a good idea, so i decided to ask it first
Can i really make some money by performing on sites like Chaturbate ( ChaturbateFree[Blacklisted] ) and others (there're plenty of those nowadays). I've read some guidelines and suggestions [edited : looks like advertising] , just wanted to get a word from someone who tried it (not a pro).
Can I make at least $500/week with it?
* This post has been modified by omuh : 9 years ago
Lvl 19
suggestion;
go to one or more of the sites, and see if some of the more successful girls will talk to you about how they do it.

my own observation;
One can't always grasp why some girls are successful and others aren't, but it is my impression that being friendly and chatting a lot in the public room helps.
Lvl 21
It all depends on what you look like,,what your willing to do and how well you can fake it.
Lvl 19
not always a question of "what you're willing to do." I know of a girl at mfc who is highly successful just dancing, never nude. She even showers in spandex.
hey there! we tried it on a few websites ( couple show, and my girlfriend on her own) althiugh it is legit, in order to make the 500 $ a day advertised, it basically has to be a full time job. it gets very long at some points. if you have the patience and don't expect to make a lot of money at first then go for it. hope this helps
I'm assuming you're a girl from the Jilly in your name?

If you're a girl, you speak english well, are out going, attractive, and give it some time to build a fan base then yes, you will easily make $500/week. The top models on My Free Cams are making more than $50,000 a month...now, you're not gonna do that overnight...but making a living doing it is certainly possible.

The single most important thing in camming is that you are outgoing, personable, friendly, and talkative, if you're attractive it certainly helps...but if you're gorgeous and just sit there, spread your legs and expect men to tip you, you're mistaken. There are thousands of girls doing this, you have be different from the pack to make the good money.

I would suggest opening an account on Chaturbate first, get comfortable being in front of the cam, and getting used to how things work in the cam community. If you find that you're doing well, then open an account on My Free Cams. There are a slew of cam sites to chose from but the major one are Chaturbate, My Free Cams, and Streamate. They are all different and have advantages and disadvantages. Chaturbate typically doesn't pay as well as MFC, but its a good place to learn because you don't get penalized if you're making less than the average room. MFC is the biggest and most profitable site, but I would suggest having some experience before starting because its based on a camscore system and if you have a mediocre start, you may got lost in the pack and never recover from it. Streamate can be good too, but its mostly private 1 on 1 shows...meaning you're gonna be masturbating a lot.

Hopefully this helps, if you want some more info, feel free to PM me.
* This post has been modified : 9 years ago
Lvl 24
$50,000 a month?

Well, that's embarrassing.
BillK finds this awesome.
Lvl 19
Quote:
Originally posted by Bangledesh
$50,000 a month?

Tell ya what; I recently chatted with a guy over at the mfc about what he and one other guy spent during a month where a very nice girl there had a raffle, and the prizes were only pics and videos, and yeah, it can happen. Of course, there's no guarantee she's making that every month...
(we all know what suckers guys can be)

:-)
TheOnlyBiff finds this awesome.
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by Bangledesh
$50,000 a month?

Pfffft, chumps, I can do that in two days.
[Deleted], jenngurl23 find this awesome.
Quote:
Originally posted by BillK

Tell ya what; I recently chatted with a guy over at the mfc about what he and one other guy spent during a month where a very nice girl there had a raffle, and the prizes were only pics and videos, and yeah, it can happen. Of course, there's no guarantee she's making that every month...
(we all know what suckers guys can be)

The top girl on MFC in May made around $70,000.
Lvl 19
Quote:
Originally posted by Sugarpie

The top girl on MFC in May made around $70,000.

Surprises me a bit that there aren't a few over that. I was *floored* when I heard what these two guys spent. It wasn't enough to put her over $50,000, but I know they weren't the only two going over budget last month, too...

Quote:

Surprises me a bit that there aren't a few over that. I was *floored* when I heard what these two guys spent. It wasn't enough to put her over $50,000, but I know they weren't the only two going over budget last month, too...

Yeah it could be more, but thats a pretty good estimation based on what I know for sure #3 made. I know Ginny had a big month last month, so its possible she could have made much more. I know #2 got a 160,000 ($8,000) tip on the last day of the month, and it didn't catch her up to #1...if that means anything.
Lvl 19
I hope they're wise enough (I'm sure some are) to be saving some of that money. If I were rich, I think I'd be tempted to give large tips myself.
Some of the large tips are truly staggering. There are now 4 tips of over 400,000 tokens ($20,000 to the model, but cost the member around $30,000) along with tons over 100,000 tokens.

http://mycamgirl.net/behind-the-scenes/post/top-20-highest-tips-on-myfreecams
Lvl 29
SP must be doing it because she knows this this so well..
Lvl 19
477,600. That's somethin'!
Lvl 19
yikes! I just had a conversation with a girl who had the misfortune of signing with one of those "studios." She only sees $0.02 per token!
Quote:
yikes! I just had a conversation with a girl who had the misfortune of signing with one of those "studios." She only sees $0.02 per token!

Oh yeah....thats something that the OP should be aware of. Don't sign up through a studio. Some of them are sneaky too, like if you're going to sign up, go directly to their site...not some similar sounding site. The 3 major sites all have sign up links on their home pages, don't use a 3rd party site.
Quote:
Originally posted by Jullexxx
SP must be doing it because she knows this this so well..

I thought that was common knowledge by now. lol
Lvl 19
Quote:
Originally posted by Sugarpie

Oh yeah....thats something that the OP should be aware of. Don't sign up through a studio. Some of them are sneaky too, like if you're going to sign up, go directly to their site...not some similar sounding site. The 3 major sites all have sign up links on their home pages, don't use a 3rd party site.

You know, that's the one reservation I have about cam sites. People are totally getting rich off of these girls. I don't mind tipping for 'entertainment,' but I think the girl on cam should be getting more of it.

That was mentioned on one of the pages the OP linked to. Not all studios are pure evil. I know a couple of Romanian girls who are quite happy with the studio they work for, but, one that takes 60% of your earnings **is** evil!
  • Goto: