Score: 0.00 Votes: 0
rate this

Anyone tried AOE III yet?

Starter: [M] Posted: 18 years ago Views: 1.1K
  • Goto:
Lvl 15
Has anyone checked out Age of Empires III yet? i'm quite curious as to what people think about this game. It certainly got enough hype.
* This post has been modified : 18 years ago
Lvl 12
I wouldn't worry. Sequels usually suck but the AOE people pulled it off. have a litte faith brotha =)
Lvl 14
gotta wait until i get XP..I'm still at it on AOEII tho..can't wait to get a better puter so i can get AOE III
http://www.ensemblestudios.com/
Lvl 11
It's in the post, I'm rubbing my hands in anticipation, the first two games got me interested in RTS's. From what I've seen (played the demo) you won't be disappointed
Lvl 22
i played it
the demo version is available on the official website so you can try it yourself

it requires a big computer

it didnt go well on my P IV 1.8 64 Mb 128 RAm but it worked jsut fine on the laptop PVI 3.02 432 MB ram and 64 Video

The game plau is good, not FANTASTIC but i havent find any fantastic games ina while.

As in any other changes of the AOE series it kind of boring getting used to thedifferent units, buildings and such.

A couple of things were new and "fun": besides collecting wood, food and money You also have to gain experience to get shipments from your main city.

The game is setted in the 1600-1700 until indutrail age (but you dont get that far on the demo version)

Somethings i REALLY hated: when you get to the most advanced age there are some "technologies" you can research

Blockage: following USA towards Cuba attittude, you can set a blockage to your ennemies so they dont get any more shipments form the main city
Inmigration: you get 100 people over the population limit. the worst part is, you dont need to give these people ohuses they just DONt need a place to live. Therefore when you civilization get very very advance, you invent homeless workers.
Plantations: another way to get money is to build plantations. you get slavery!

there were more of those abominations of culture but i dont remember anymore. I erased the game after a couple of plays, it took too much HDD space
Lvl 10
I didn't play it yet, but some of my friends gave it a try. Each of my friends said that it was quite cool...
Lvl 11
Yeah, its sweet
Lvl 9
I've played thru the whole game. It's pretty good, if you like RTS's. You do need a pretty powerful computer to have the settings at highest. If your computer can handle its really pretty on the high settings.
Lvl 19
just got done playing it...it's good...i like 2 better though
Lvl 15
Thanks for the tips and comments guys! I'll check it out.
Lvl 37
Personally, I can't wait to get it... I love the AOE series!
Lvl 21
my friend has it... i watched a bit and seems just as good as the other AOE series... im a huge fan ill have to get if from him!!
Lvl 14
I finished half of game and its good.
that's what I hate about PC game sequels. They always make them for the most powerful pc's at the time, so you have to keep upgradeing just to keep playing games.
Lvl 22
Quote:
Originally posted by Dagnabbit

that's what I hate about PC game sequels. They always make them for the most powerful pc's at the time, so you have to keep upgradeing just to keep playing games.

well that is precisely how the computer manufacturers make their money
and why they support and indulge the gaming industry

it sucks!
Lvl 13
I have it, the installation DVD is 1.7 GB or something like 2.5 CD's. It's pretty smooth. Has many new features, but I haven't had the time to play it to see them all. But I think it's worthy
Lvl 5
I havent played it yet but Ive seen the screens
looks unbelievably tempting
see for yourselves

http://empireearth.free.fr/aoe-iii/screenshots-age-of-empires-iii.html
Lvl 15
i never tryed it i want to
Lvl 16
I've played the hell out of AOE I, and II. liked them both. Havent done III yet but I will soon.
Lvl 12
i love this game. i think this is the best part of the whole series. campaign is not very realistic but gameplay is great.
  • Goto: