Score: 0.00 Votes: 0
rate this

10 Years Today

Starter: Punly Posted: 17 years ago Views: 1.1K
Lvl 27
Tupac died 10 years ago to the date. In remembrence of his life, and impact on the rap community, XM satilite radio is broadcasting a full day of Pac's songs on XM channel 65; The Rhyme.

I'm not a huge Tupac fan, but I do enjoy his music, and have thus far today, enjoyed this broadcast.

Feel free to comment here on his life, death, or how he impacted music as a whole in any way you wish. Both good and bad comments are welcomed, but any and all racist remarks will be removed.

* This post has been modified : 17 years ago
Lvl 8
I can appreciate the difficulty of making it in the music business, but the man died because of his violent music and life due to being in a gang. He is no role model for children, nor should he have a day of rememberance.
Lvl 24
kinda weird, but i read the title in the latest posts, and instantly knew what and who this was about...

odd because previously i didnt know when he had died, nor had i head any of his songs....
Lvl 15
Lol i cant believe some people opinions on this matter , Tupac Shakur made the Rap and R&B music industry what it is today ...... he did alot for his music he had alot of respect for his mother and the people around him. I watched the documentary on him a while back , i had only heard a few songs of his and wasnt really into any of his music ..... but the documentary changed my whole perspective on this man.

Truely was a hero , RIP Tupac !!!!

Lvl 29
Quote:
Originally posted by 23scadoo

I can appreciate the difficulty of making it in the music business, but the man died because of his violent music and life due to being in a gang. He is no role model for children, nor should he have a day of rememberance.

I'm not a fan of the man, or of rap in general. But that doesn't take away from those that loved him. You need to shut the fuck up and go away!!

Lvl 8
R.I.P. 'Pac, others can try and say they they "new tupac", but you can never touch the original
Lvl 27
Quote:
Originally posted by rainbowdemon

[reply=23scadoo]

I'm not a fan of the man, or of rap in general. But that doesn't take away from those that loved him. You need to shut the fuck up and go away!!

[/reply]

Well put RD.

The man never claimed to be a role model for childern. He changed the rap industry to what it is today. For that alone, he deserves some respect.

He was not killed due to the words he rapped and spoke, but for ignorance.
Lvl 8
R.I.P.
Lvl 11
Rest in peace
Lvl 65
Left this world much to young, R.I.P.
Lvl 23

Lvl 9
there's prob a tupac song I like, hell there's a britney spears song I like so there's gotta be a tupac song I like
Lvl 12
Quote:
Originally posted by 23scadoo

amen
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by rainbowdemon

[reply=23scadoo]

[/reply]

You're wrong here RD. The guy is entitled to his opinion, he shouldn't have to shut up because you don't agree.

He didn't say anything derogatory, he gave his opinion. You as a mod should be more tolerant
Lvl 27
I was only going to leave this open for 24 hours, but since it's the music forum, I left it open longer. Since it doesn't look like anything new will be added.

*locked*