Score: 5.00 Votes: 5
rate this

Keep Your Eyes Open! ***WARNING~GRAPHIC PICTURES!***

Starter: SydneySinbad Posted: 15 years ago Views: 2.3K
  • Goto:
Lvl 30
Maybe we should have this type of display, also it may save some of our children.
See the Motorcycle?

How about now?

A picture is worth a thousand words.

The Honda rider was travelling at such a 'very high speed', his reactiontime was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident. Swedish Police estimate a speed of ~250 KM/h (155 mph) before the bike hit the slow moving car side-on at an intersection. At that speed, they predicted that the rider's reaction time (once the vehicle came into view) wasn't sufficient enough for him to even apply the brakes. The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them. The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 10 feet from where the collision took place.

All three involved (two in car and rider) were killed instantly. This graphic demonstration was placed at the Stockholm Motorcycle Fair by the Swedish Police and Road Safety Department. The sign above the display also noted that the rider had only recently obtained his license.

At 250 KM (155 mph) the operator is travelling at 227 feet per second. With normal reaction time to SEE-DECIDE-REACT of 1.6 seconds the above operator would have travelled over 363 feet while making a decision on what actions to take. In this incident the Swedish police indicate that no actions were taken.

In other words, they didn't even have time to say, 'Oh, shit!!
Lvl 28
wow !!! that's messed up...
Lvl 9
wow is pretty much all you can say. That's terribly sad. You always feel so bad for the innocent people abiding by the law who get killed or hurt in accidents such as these. I think motorcycles are fine and have no problem with people driving them. I do however get upset when a. they aren't wearing helmets or b. they switch lanes and weave in and out of cars without turn signals and hand motions or in this case c. driving waaaay too fast. That picture is just craaazy!
Lvl 59
Oh, it was an accident.

And here I thought someone was really good at packing up their shit.
Lvl 22
55 saves fuel.............AND LIVES............
Lvl 10
Quote:
Originally posted by notech

55 saves fuel.............AND LIVES............
Right on
Lvl 22
But I Can't Drive 55......
thankyou 4 reminding me of the motorcycle accident I had in 1986 that left me partially disabled with a permanent head injury.

The problem is other drivers not respecting bikes or not seeing them. I happened tobe blinded by high beams going around a curve and I hit atelephone pole head on.

Gosh !!!! I so fu*kin depressed now ;-( ....... and I come here to feel ggod.
Lvl 30
Sorry if I have upset u m8! Like I protected myself with the disclosure, but yet, we have to accept reality as it is! btw: Really sorry to hear about the above, but my Post is a lesson to all! Try feeing good again?
Lvl 14
I want a crotch rocket now.

NOT!....

Those are some amazing pics, I've never seen anything like this before. This display needs to come to North America to educate the idiots over here. A couple of days ago there was a bike accident on the news in a city several hours away from my village where speed was the factor involved and the rider had to go to the hospital.

A friend of mine is in a wheel chair for the rest of his life, he had an accident when he was 17 years old on his bike. His g/f on the back died from the accident, when they found her body she was missing her head. I can't remember the whole story and every detail other than it was a tree branch that got the g/f.
Lvl 30
Quote:
Originally posted by daytona1990

A couple of days ago there was a bike accident on the news in a city several hours away from my village where speed was the factor involved and the rider had to go to the hospital.

So we can class u as one of the Village People?
Good post.

I saw a guy the other day doing a wheelie on his bike going roughly 170 km/h on the highway. Retarded? I think so.

All those 'cool' bros who think they can't quench their thirst for speed on public roads should have a look at this...
Lvl 22
Quote:
Originally posted by SydneySinbad

Sorry if I have upset u m8! Like I protected myself with the disclosure, but yet, we have to accept reality as it is! btw: Really sorry to hear about the above, but my Post is a lesson to all! Try feeing good again?

I feel sorry for that dud too,(offtopic),Speed kills!!!

Point of Thread , AmIrite ??????
Lvl 8
That must have taken some serious work to clean up and get ready for the expo...
Lvl 11
Something like that can ruin your whole day...
Lvl 21
I don't feel sorry for the guy on the bike, he was a dumbass. Shame about the people in the car, though.

Quote:
Originally posted by robodick

Something like that can ruin your whole day...

Kinda like reading one of your posts.
Lvl 30
^^^
Lvl 4
i still want a croch rocket except i wont be driving like that fuckin moron
Lvl 7
Shit !
Quote:
Originally posted by SleeperMD

The problem is other drivers not respecting bikes or not seeing them.

Yep, that looks like the cause of the wreck in the photos.
  • Goto: