Score: 5.00 Votes: 2
rate this

jeep pickup

Starter: FATHERTIME Posted: 13 years ago Views: 2.0K
Lvl 28
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/21/report-jeep-eyeing-entry-level-pickup-market/
Lvl 28
i hope they make it... it looks like it would be a fun truck to drive...
Lvl 10
Reminds me of a "modernized" old-style pickup truck from yesteryear.
Lvl 17
I want one
Lvl 12
It looks alot like the old land rover trucks from the 70s. Its really cool looking i'd buy one!
Lvl 22
Jeep actually used to make pickups they were called Comanches, they just never were that popular i think because everyone wanted a SWB Chevy.
They were pretty tough truck in their day.Tthe farmer i worked for in back in school had 3 of them and in the 5 years i worked for him other than regular maintenance they had very little downtime or problems.
Lvl 19
Man Jeep is losing their ability to make distinctive vehicles. Looks like a Wrangler with pickup bed attached to it, pathetic attempt on Jeeps part. If they want to revive the Comanche then make it distinctive looking like it was back in the 70's, there is no mistaking the old Comanches. This kinda crap irks me, they get their asses saved by the tax payers and all they can show for it is half-backed concepts that look like it could be a options package for the current Wranglers.
Quote:
Originally posted by nemisis02

Man Jeep is losing their ability to make distinctive vehicles. Looks like a Wrangler with pickup bed attached to it, pathetic attempt on Jeeps part. If they want to revive the Comanche then make it distinctive looking like it was back in the 70's, there is no mistaking the old Comanches. This kinda crap irks me, they get their asses saved by the tax payers and all they can show for it is half-backed concepts that look like it could be a options package for the current Wranglers.

Not sure what vehicle you're thinking of but the Comanche was a Cherokee hacked into a pickup. Nothing distinctive about it.

Lvl 22
I think the taste was lost a long time ago.

And that is as close as they have came in years to a resurrection of the style

Lvl 20
Wow. I really dig that Hurricane concept. How come the actual cars are never that cool?
Lvl 12
Verry nice truck ,
i like the style .

Only the 2 tweeter or ventilation cups above the dash is somewhat strange placed .

Looks like a good car for having fun with ,
not a real workhorse pick up ,
then i prefer a Chevy anytime
Lvl 7
very nice, i like it too