Score: 0.00 Votes: 0
rate this

Front Wheel Chattering

Starter: pantsman12 Posted: 15 years ago Views: 419
Lvl 14
Hey Guys,

I have a 2006 Pontiac G6. I bought the car in February and all was fine two days later I had snow tires put on, I did not balance them. Still all was fine. I just put my all seasons back on and again did not balance them. I now get a horrible chattering noise from the left driver's side wheel. The lugs are tight, and I've swapped the front tires to get the same effect. I get it at speeds higher that 40 and when I brake, once Im below 30 I never get it. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm not sure if balancing would make the difference.

Thank you,
Matt
*moved to car forum*

good luck with some help..
Lvl 14
sorry i looked for a car forum, i must be blind though...
Lvl 25
Sounds like you fucked up your front wheel bearing. Have you check your ball joints and tie rods yet?
Lvl 14
Well, I actually didn't take the tires off and switch them, that would be the mechanic. Yes, tie rod, ball joint and wheel bearing are fine. Strut looks fine, I keep coming back to the universal.
Lvl 18
did you ask the mechanic?

wheel bearing noise will get louder with speed and come and go as u turn left or right.

caliper hanging up? does it pull?
Lvl 22
I say wheel bearing,but,turn your wheels hard left as you start from a stop. Does it make noise then?
Turn them to the right from a stop,does it do the noise now?

If not you got bad wheel bearings!
Lvl 14
It makes the noise when Im doing 50. Or when I brake, until I get down to about 25 then it stops. It honestly sounds like my wheel is going to fall off.
Lvl 18
get a mechanic to repair it, or you will crash it when the wheel locks up and you go into and unintended skid when it happens.