Score: 5.00 Votes: 2
rate this

4,703 mazdas destroyed

Starter: FATHERTIME Posted: 15 years ago Views: 549
Lvl 28
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_lists/high_performance/features_classic_cars/cougar_ace_4_703_mazdas_lost_at_sea_video
Lvl 28
i think this is a waste... a lot of good parts were wasted... not to mention, they could have been donated to high school or collage shop classes...
Lvl 59
I didn't watch the video, but I assume they're just leaving them at the bottom of the ocean because any kind of rescue attempt would be hugely expensive?

Either way, being out a bunch of Mazdas isn't that big a waste. Now, if it were Audis.....
How many of those econ-boxes were destined to get a Fart Can on it anyway?
Vo-tech Classes have Fords which are mostly Mazda's anyway so no loss.....

Now if they were Toyota's,Lexus',Tesla's.......it be a crying shame!
Lvl 59
Teslas?

gtfo, hippie!
Lvl 28
Quote:
Originally posted by EricLindros

I didn't watch the video, but I assume they're just leaving them at the bottom of the ocean because any kind of rescue attempt would be hugely expensive?

Either way, being out a bunch of Mazdas isn't that big a waste. Now, if it were Audis.....
no, they were not at the bottom of the ocean... the ships ballast controlls screwed up and made the ship tip... they were aible to get it back to shore and then mazda scrapped all the cars... they even destroyed the tires... how could salt water mess up everything... i would think they could salvage some parts... the video lets you see how they destroyed the cars...
Yeah that does seem like a waste
Lvl 4
hahah its a massive waste. But nothing is salvage-able really, as the salt water causes so much corrosion, so they wouldnt even be able to sell them anyways. Things like this has happened a few times before, where a company has to ditch their vehicles