Score: 5.00 Votes: 2
rate this

Know issue with site/server speed? - WBW is slow

Starter: [Deleted] Posted: 6 years ago Views: 4.1K
  • Goto:
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by q2q2
Alright I believe I've found a workaround.

I set up a VPN (using the "Setup VPN" add-in in Firefox). I set my location to Netherlands, since that's were you said your servers are. This seemed to make the issue go away.

Hopefully that info helps you troubleshoot the issue.

Seems like a transit provider capping the bandwith. I am gonna talk to my ISP see what the real problem is here.
Lvl 17
HI,

Also experiencing issues using Comcast, test file running at 2.81mb/sec. Not been able to view a whole movie or video.
Lvl 29
Everything is SLOW......not worth being here!!
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by dogdude
Everything is SLOW......not worth being here!!

Let me tell you that we are hosting in the Netherlands, and that some transit providers or even your own providers cap foreign connections to save cost. In the past we had a lot of problems with one big American provider just limiting connections for their users. Our servers are running correctly, only the party in between seems to have problems.

As one user above mentioned using a VPN somehow fixed the issue, but that is not a solution for me. I want it fixed and give my users the best experience possible. I sleep bad if this issue is not resolved.
[Deleted], dogdude find this awesome.
Quote:
Originally posted by Diz-X

Let me tell you that we are hosting in the Netherlands, and that some transit providers or even your own providers cap foreign connections to save cost. In the past we had a lot of problems with one big American provider just limiting connections for their users. Our servers are running correctly, only the party in between seems to have problems.

As one user above mentioned using a VPN somehow fixed the issue, but that is not a solution for me. I want it fixed and give my users the best experience possible. I sleep bad if this issue is not resolved.

Thanks for working on this Diz-x!

(And yes, reconfirmed today the VPN fixes it. I logged in with normal settings...everything was slow. Switched VPN to Netherlands, everything sped back up)
Diz-X finds this awesome.
Lvl 25
Quote:

Thanks for working on this Diz-x!

(And yes, reconfirmed today the VPN fixes it. I logged in with normal settings...everything was slow. Switched VPN to Netherlands, everything sped back up)

I need some trace routes from you guys.

Windows:
https://kb.intermedia.net/article/682

Mac:
https://www.maxcdn.com/one/tutorial/how-to-perform-traceroute-on-mac-and-windows/

Can you send the information in a private message to me? DO NOT POST THIS INFORMATION PUBLICLY
Lvl 25
Just got a reply back from my hosting provider:

There seems to be some issues with a transit provider between Netherlands and Comcast, they have changed the routes and awaiting to see if there is any performance improvement. Please test out if there is improvement and let me know.
I am still needing to use SetupVPN to run through netherlands to speed things up.

Sorry, I'm not comfortable passing my TraceRoute to you. ON a site like this, that's too private of info.
Lvl 25
Quote:
I am still needing to use SetupVPN to run through netherlands to speed things up.

Sorry, I'm not comfortable passing my TraceRoute to you. ON a site like this, that's too private of info.

Send it to our support department, support@whatboyswant.com . it's the only way for us to change routes.
OKay. I tested for about an our today and it seems stable again on a non-VPN connection. Much improved.
Lvl 25
Quote:
OKay. I tested for about an our today and it seems stable again on a non-VPN connection. Much improved.

Please keep me updated. I really want the best connection for you guys!
  • Goto: