Score: 0.00 Votes: 0
rate this

1 MB Download Limit

Starter: Wolvey Posted: 20 years ago Views: 229
Lvl 22
This 1 MB download limit for "non-members" is driving me nuts Diz!!! I know you have to cut back where you can to lower your costs, but dear God! Don't get me wrong, this is still the greatest web site on earth. I know, I know, since I think so highly of it ante up or shut up. Problem is, I'd love to, but I don't have the money right now. Sorry, I'm ranting... again. I just wanted to let you know what I'm thinking, I'm sure there are others in my situation. I'll go back to my mindless wandering through the forums now.
Lvl 14
1 mb... now i realise how less that is... but with over 20000 members.. i can understand.
Lvl 25
It's not for driving you nut,.. I have done this to spare as much bandwidth as possible and encurage people to use the [IMG] and [URL] tag ..... I mean IF somebody gave a link to a good webcam movie, wouldn't that solve the problem in stead of attaching those files.. I can go so far that only sponsor members can attach files.. If that encurage to use those tags... It's for the survival for this site...

I have searched for a solution a company with cheaper bandwidth ect ect.. And couldn't find anything..
Lvl 14
i'll search too.. what is the minimum bandwith needed for the site and how much can be afforded per month?
Lvl 25
Powerflux: Max 600/700 euro's for about 5000 gig's a month on a 100 mbit line.. I can provide the server myself..

but if it's to far away the server has to be a dual Xeon, 1 gig memory, scsi 70gig+ ect ect...
* This post has been modified : 20 years ago