Score: 5.00 Votes: 1
rate this

"Access is denied to this object"

Starter: obadiahjones Posted: 7 years ago Views: 5.4K
  • Goto:
Lvl 15
By this, "I just find the site glacial", I mean the video previews buffer.

Very slow download times. I see the message "Waiting for whatboyswant.com"...
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by theok
By this, "I just find the site glacial", I mean the video previews buffer.

Very slow download times. I see the message "Waiting for whatboyswant.com"...

Where are you from?
Lvl 15
I'm in California. This is the only site I'm having problems.

I tried the http://dev.whatboyswant.com/ access and, it looks faster but, won't allow download to test.

No response after sending trace information?
Lvl 16
Quote:
Originally posted by theok
I'm in California. This is the only site I'm having problems.

I tried the [Link] access and, it looks faster but, won't allow download to test.

No response after sending trace information?

Same - I can only download or have one item stream at a time (so if I'm playing a movie, and hit Download, it doesn't download until I either stop playing the movie or I move the video to a new position; I assume it is going for a new part in the stream, which makes it go to the download. Of course, then I can't watch that clip or load a new page).

Edited to add: Video section is slow and not really usable for me; that's all I check out though, so other areas may be as well. Based out of the Midwest US.
Lvl 15
I haven't had the Access Denied problem for a while now. However, some time in the past couple weeks I noticed the same thing where I only get one active "stream" at a time. So if I open a new tab on an image or am downloading a file nothing else happens until that finishes. Videos tend to be slow streaming, but I've never done much of that to compare.
Lvl 16
Quote:
Originally posted by Redcloak
...However, some time in the past couple weeks I noticed the same thing where I only get one active "stream" at a time. So if I open a new tab on an image or am downloading a file nothing else happens until that finishes. Videos tend to be slow streaming, but I've never done much of that to compare.

Thanks for this comment. Part of me was afraid to post the issue because I had just re-done my computer at the same time and wasn't aware if it was some plugin that needed to be reconfigured (Ad Blocker? Chrome? I was just guessing). Other sites worked fine, so I assumed it was this site, but no one else was saying much of anything so I thought it was just me!
Lvl 15
It's to the point that I don't think I'll resubscribe... too frustrating.
Lvl 14
@Redcloak: You said, you had the Access Denied problem a while ago, too, but not anymore? How was it solved? As I still have the same issue and there dosn't seem to be solution.....
Lvl 15
Honestly, to my knowledge it was nothing I did. I assume one of the things Diz had been trying worked. During that period my workaround was to go to the movies "page", and select from the choices of Download: MP4 SD, MP4 original, etc. Those links still worked for me.
Lvl 14
That's the way I'm downloading the movies right now....but still I find this workaround inconvenient....
@Diz: Maybe you could again look into your system....
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by obadiahjones
That's the way I'm downloading the movies right now....but still I find this workaround inconvenient....
@Diz: Maybe you could again look into your system....

Working on a way to fix it.
brimnac finds this awesome.
Lvl 16
Quote:
Originally posted by Diz-X

Working on a way to fix it.

Good luck, dude. Got this feeling we'll "know" when it's working again and you'll get zero thanks, so here is a "Thanks" in advance! (I think you guys ran into a similar problem previously and it was fixed, I've got faith).
Lvl 14
Oh yes......I want to second brimnac's remark...Thanks alot in advance for your effort Diz-X! I know problem-solving is not always easy....
  • Goto: