Score: 4.20 Votes: 5
rate this

.dev WhatBoysWant version X alpha development

Starter: Diz-X Posted: 5 years ago Views: 4.7K
  • Goto:
Lvl 25
Update: The Alpha Site is nearing feature complete phase. This means after this I will ask some people to start testing for bugs, glitches, layout stuff and look for missing features.

Phases:
1) Total rebuild (Almost complete)
2) Testing and fixing issues.
3) Testing with migrated data van live site + fixing found issues.
4) Setting it live (hopefully before end the year).
robert98597, [Deleted], Firereign find this awesome.
Lvl 63
Quote:
Originally posted by Diz-X
Update: The Alpha Site is nearing feature complete phase. This means after this I will ask some people to start testing for bugs, glitches, layout stuff and look for missing features.

Phases:
1) Total rebuild (Almost complete)
2) Testing and fixing issues.
3) Testing with migrated data van live site + fixing found issues.
4) Setting it live (hopefully before end the year).

Great work Diz-X
Diz-X, [Deleted] find this awesome.
Lvl 18
Awesome job
[Deleted], Diz-X find this awesome.
<video duration filter>.
[tag system requires human intervention, filters are automations, no?]
but whichever the specs, a new site is new and it sounds great!
* This post has been modified : 2 years ago
Diz-X finds this awesome.
Lvl 55
ok all the new uploads aren't there ????? what is going on?
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by commandercody33
ok all the new uploads aren't there ????? what is going on?

This is because it's a testing site. No data was imported from the current website. This is for people to give it a spin to see what they like or dislike and find bugs easily as the data set isn't huge.

The seconds phase I am currently working on is migrating data to new database and files structure. I have done a lot of work testing importing and optimizing/streamlining the process. This to make the transition as painless and fast as possible.

So what is currently happening behind the scenes:
1) Optimizing the database for the new "Alpha": Scanning database tables for rows that should have been removed. For example our ratings logs has about 135 mil rows (31GB), after cleaning and rebuilding the table it removed 2 mil rows and table size shrunk to 22GB.
2) Changing the database tables from MyISAM to InnoDB storage engine. Resulting in much faster performance under high load.
3) Tweaking the database settings for taking better use of memory/cpu and disk usage.
4) Transcoding all videos to new format (h264) with higher quality and bitrate. (we save the source videos so we can do this with quality gains). Problem is this process is going to take really long.
5) Bug fixing the issue we come across already resulted in 50 commits to our new software.
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by absurdsynth
well the capability of blocking/ hiding users overall, as in even uploads of selected users would be nice. and "video duration" filter.
[tag system requires human intervention, filters are automations, no?]
but whichever the specs, a new site is new and it sounds great!

Good one the block/hiding users, will add this to for future feature of the site.

I wanted to add filters overall to the site, like filter certain categories, sizes ect. Only this is planned for after the new software goes live. I had to draw a line on how much I put into new site before going live with it.
Lvl 25
Quote:
Originally posted by ninjagaidin
Awesome job

Thanks mate!
Lvl 22
Great progress. Thank you
Would be very nice to have a feature where when reviewing a series of pictures or user favorites one could sort pictures by rating. For example sort pictures from high to low, such that pictures with score of 10.0 are displayed first on the page and 1.0 would be last.
  • Goto: