Score: 3.00 Votes: 2
rate this

How to hotlink like a pro

Starter: Kanzen Posted: 18 years ago Views: 25.7K
  • Goto:
Lvl 25
As of late I have noticed some people, some more than others are having serious problems hotlinking images. Anyways, here is a quick, but thorough guide on how to hotlink images properly.

Step 01: In the message area type out [ img ] and then type [ /img ]

Step 02: Remove the spaces from [ img ] and [ /img ]

Step 03: Repeat this three times for three rows.

Step 04: Insert the url of the image you wish to hotlink between the ] and the [ of the image tags.

Step 05: Repeat for the other two rows, in sequence. Each image url has to be unique otherwise it will repeat the image.

* THREE IS THE MAXIMUM AND PREFERRED LIMIT OF HOTLINKED IMAGES PER POST. *

Step 06: Click "Post message."

Step 07: Repeat as necessary to post all the images.
* This post has been modified : 18 years ago
Lvl 10
ty Kanzen
Lvl 51
also you can test your hotlinks here http://www.whatboyswant.com/forum_read/914357 , but try to delete all post with broken links
Lvl 22
i like boobies
Lvl 30
don`t press preview message before you post, if you do the pics are not hotlinked, otherwise it works
Lvl 11
Quote:
Originally posted by Kanzen

* THREE IS THE MAXIMUM AND PREFERRED LIMIT OF HOTLINKED IMAGES PER POST. *

May I ask why 3 is the preferred maximm per post?
b/c I found it's bit tedious if I have many more pics (eg. 10~20 of the same series) I'd like to post.
then I will have break the long [img] list down and repeat posting many times.
Lvl 23
Yes, you may ask.
Lvl 25
The number three is prefered because it keeps the database size smaller, doesn't choke dialup user's bandwidth.
"the spammer revealed" etc - fair enough, what a cunt and rightly so should be reported, but isn't hotlinking just as bad? It is stealing bandwidth right? And even illegal I'm sure.
Lvl 24
Quote:
Originally posted by tom_gunn_007

"the spammer revealed" etc - fair enough, what a cunt and rightly so should be reported, but isn't hotlinking just as bad? It is stealing bandwidth right? And even illegal I'm sure.

wait. in this thread here, you claim that its illegal, but in this thread , you kinda just make a suggestion that it could possibly be illegal? What is it then? How about you leave the rules and laws to those of us that know? Thanks.

edit: Wait, in this thread http://www.whatboyswant.com/forum_read/1220868, you say that its not illegal.

Make up your damn mind, and then leave all that "real" stuff to us.

Thanks for your concern though, it is appreciated, however this site is covered in all legal areas.
Lvl 13
Quote:
Originally posted by Bangledesh

edit: Wait, in this thread http://www.whatboyswant.com/forum_read/1220868, you say that isnt not illegal.

Make up your damn mind, and then leave all that "real" stuff to us.

I call improper use of a double negative.

...Why try adding fuel to the fire? It's going to make the idiot jump to this one, post more illiterate information from that "legal" website, and trail the argument into this thread.

[-edit: These tips do work. — Thanks Kanzen.-]
Lvl 15
and what is a good prog/site to use to override the sites that dont allow you to hotlink their images...
Lvl 12
I like what Bangladesh had to say. Unless you're summa cum laude from U. of A. Law, let the the pros sweat the technicalities.(Hotlinking automatically conveys proprietary messages and restrictions btw) Don't confuse noobs (like me) with extraneous trivia when we are trying to master a new skill!
Lvl 7
Hotlinking is fine. If a webmaster/webmistress doesn't like it, they have tools on their control panel to disable hotlinking from their site and problem solved.
* This post has been modified : 17 years ago
Lvl 10
Test:

Lvl 10
[ URL greylisted - Awaiting moderation ] ?
Lvl 10
thanks, gonna try it
Lvl 8
Lvl 8
Lvl 8
What is the best site to upload adult pics to for hotlinking? Not ImageBeaver!
  • Goto: