Score: 3.67 Votes: 3
rate this

Discuss how demonic possession and other supernatural things are possible.or not

Starter: NightCruiser Posted: 9 years ago Views: 14.1K
  • Goto:
Lvl 4
Thanks for the idea omuh!
Lvl 8
Um....Nope
Lvl 4
You ever watch "Ghost Adventures" "Dead Files"? Obviously not
I'm never seen Dead Files, but Ghost Adventures is completely fake.

Just a couple of examples of how phoney Ghost Adventures is:
[youtube]Xj7zA-edXsg[/youtube]

Now...I'm not saying that all so called supernatural things are fake, I think its arrogant to believe that we know 100% about the world and energy around us, but if ghosts exist they exist on a different plain or dimension from us, and we don't have interaction with one another.
As for demons, I don't believe in that mumbo jumbo, I think they're an invention of the church to make you fear what you don't understand so they can use it control people.
Lvl 19
I don't think I could have said it any better than SP
I don't have enough faith to be an atheist..........
Lvl 15
Shows like ghost adventures are just that. Shows. Reality entertainment to dull the masses. Just a different form to pull in more ratings. Mtv makes probably all their cash from garbage shows like jersey shore and 16 & pregnant. So channels like sci fi and the like just have a different water hole to drink from.
Lvl 28
There's no such thing as supernatural things. If there were, they would be natural. Case closed. :trollface:
Lvl 13
The Book, Flatland, explains it well. You can only see what your capable of understanding.
Lvl 4
where is my signature???
Lvl 28
Ghosts ate it.
Goldseeker finds this awesome.
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Bucket
The Book, Flatland, explains it well. You can only see what your capable of understanding.

Thats the biggest line of crap ever. I see things every day that I don't understand. I don't understand x-ray machines, why the sky is blue...I don't understand how someone can kill another person they've never met. I don't understand how birds and bees fly, and I don't understand why I find dark hair more sexually attractive than blonde hair. I don't understand any of these things...and a whole lot more more, but I see them every day.
Lvl 4
Amazing that Jesus Profits wrote pretty much the same thing about what Jesus did to the Devils(demons) that had possessed a man. From the King James version of the Bible:

Matt.8

[30] And there was a good way off from them an herd of many swine feeding.
[31] So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine.
[32] And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters.
Mark.5

[11] Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine feeding.
[12] And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them.
[13] And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand and were choked in the sea.
[14] And they that fed the swine fled, and told it in the city, and in the country. And they went out to see what it was that was done.
[16] And they that saw it told them how it befell to him that was possessed with the devil, and also concerning the swine.
Luke.8

[32] And there was there an herd of many swine feeding on the mountain: and they besought him that he would suffer them to enter into them. And he suffered them.
[33] Then went the devils out of the man, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the lake, and were choked.
Lvl 59
Well, I don't know about you guys, but I'm convinced.

Tell me more from this book of fact and science, NC.
[Deleted], [Deleted] find this awesome.
Lvl 4
Lets talk about facts and science. I was watching the Universe show. For a couple of episodes the well respected Scientist on that show were talking about how the Big Bang theory was pretty much a dead end, so therefore it wasn't a valid theory. i guess they must have gotten Spanked by their peers because I haven't seen that type thinking repeated. Theories about events that happened Billions of years a go are what?--Not even educated guesses IMO Theories are constantly being updated and disproved as we learn more about the Universe. One theory was that the Universe was not helpful to life. Now many scientist think the Universe spreads life around. Why would it do that?. I saw a show the other day that said the Universe was like one gigantic Computer--wow that is a new one! The Bible states many things that Scientist know now. How did those people know advanced things about the world?
Lvl 4
Many Scientist were saying for a very long time that the Universe would one day start contracting. Now they say it will expand forever. Why? Something called "dark matter" keeps it from contracting. Can we see this dark matter? No
Another theory was that "Black Holes" sucked everything and the powerful gravity in black holes just disintegrated everything that came in. Now many scientist say the matter suck in comes out somewhere else--where? They have no idea
Theories are proved and disproved every day because of EVIDENCE, not just because someone disagree or agrees with it. We may not be able to see Dark Matter, and we are likely wrong in how it works and how it created, but we know its there because of evidence. In all the time humans have had film and video, why is here not 1 single un-debatable clip of footage that proves ghosts and demos exist? And don't tell me that Ghost Hunters is video proof. And don't tell me that camera can't capture it.
Lvl 70
Quote:
Originally posted by Sugarpie
Theories are proved and disproved every day because of EVIDENCE, not just because someone disagree or agrees with it. We may not be able to see Dark Matter, and we are likely wrong in how it works and how it created, but we know its there because of evidence. In all the time humans have had film and video, why is here not 1 single un-debatable clip of footage that proves ghosts and demos exist? And don't tell me that Ghost Hunters is video proof. And don't tell me that camera can't capture it.

Maybe because you can't film something that is not material.
Science, as you said, is based on evidences, experience and the ability the measure a phenomenon. So if you want to study something such as "spirits", you can't use science methods.
That being said, there are other methods that can be used. I'm doing some personal research myself and at this point, while I'd like to believe in "spirits" and had some interesting experiences, I can't say for sure if they exist or if it's only my brain messing around with me...
Lvl 4
Quote:
Originally posted by Sugarpie

I think the same thing when I watch the videos of ghost and/or Demons. I think, there is Proof! Why isn't it on the National news? Because Humans don't believe their own eyes even if we want to believe. Skeptics won't believe no matter what you show them. We also have a distrust of strangers. Even when I experienced it myself there was some doubt in my mind because it is quick and then it is gone. I used to try and communicate with my dead loved ones. That is a no no. In the Bible, it states you are not suppose to try and communicate with the dead. Demon attack dreams started to happen as well hearing and seeing. Still rare but a nightmare when it happened
Quote:
Originally posted by NightCruiser

I think the same thing when I watch the videos of ghost and/or Demons. I think, there is Proof! Why isn't it on the National news?

But thats my point exactly...where is the proof? Why is every so-called "proof that ghosts exist" video grainy, dark, blurry, filmed in night vision, and/or shot with an unsteady hand?
doolittle finds this awesome.
  • Goto: