Score: 3.00 Votes: 2
rate this

What should the West do about Ukraine?

Starter: NightCruiser Posted: 10 years ago Views: 16.7K
  • Goto:
Lvl 4
Putin tang wants to control Ukraine . Gives them $15 billion in loans and warns them not to sign any trade agreements with the Europe . Many in the Ukraine like europe and don't want a dick tater like Putin telling them what to do. Sanctions will only help putin imo
Lvl 8
If I'm Barack Obama, I'm letting someone else handle that problem. Time for the US to stop being world police. Let other countries take care of themselves and stop intervening in everyone's business.
DEMO, kylecook, [Deleted], musicplr and 7 other(s) find this awesome.
Lvl 4
I would too but the right wing is on his ass to do something. No matter what he does they will still say he did the wrong thing. Not much we can do really
Lvl 8
No more war. If some country attacks the US, then fine. If some country attacks another country? Not our business.
musicplr, Johnyxxx, [Deleted] find this awesome.
Lvl 12
Nothing, we (USA) ignores Africa, North Korea, Remus (slavery in Dilithium Mines), and let’s not forget the Daleks oppression of the Universe…. Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate…………………………………..
Its hard to take this thread seriously with words like Putin tang and dick tater.
Davey45, musicplr, Bangledesh, Althalus and 3 other(s) find this awesome.
Lvl 19
Really !
There won't be any interference from the West unless there is some threat of some outside faction gaining control of nuclear weapons, there isn't enough oil in the Ukraine to get involved otherwise.
Lvl 59
Probably the same thing that we should do about Syria, Darfur, Venezuela, North Korea, China, Mexico, and everywhere else that people are suffering.
Lvl 4
Yea Venezuela government shut off the Internet to try and stop government protest. Their military harassed and detained CNN reporters. Another hotspot ready to explode
Lvl 3
The US should do nothing. I think Obama is more than qualified to handle that.
Lvl 70
Quote:
Originally posted by Davey45
If I'm Barack Obama, I'm letting someone else handle that problem. Time for the US to stop being world police. Let other countries take care of themselves and stop intervening in everyone's business.

To be honest, the US aren't really the world police. They only do something when the country has natural resources and/or contracts they want (Iraq and Afghanistan) or can be a threat to them (Iran). Freedom and war on terrorism are just excuses.

Ukrainians seems to deal with the problem themselves. It looks like a revolution but they aren't the first one to do so and we can't really tell them what their country should become. It would be valid if the world was all united and some kind of organisation had the authority to enforce that kind of decision (the UN doesn't count, they're not doing much).
It's also pretty hard to have an objective opinion on all this especially when you are part of the west and your media are (slightly) altering the reality. Although, the Russian side must be even worse knowing how Putin works.
Lvl 13
It's time for the counties in that part of the world to solve their own fucking problems.
Lvl 59
Quote:
Originally posted by wjw
It's time for the counties in that part of the world to solve their own fucking problems.

What part of the world?

The people of Eastern Europe/Western Asia have been working through their own problems for hundreds of years.
Bangledesh, [Deleted], Johnyxxx find this awesome.
Lvl 20
Quote:
Originally posted by Sugarpie
Its hard to take this thread seriously with words like Putin tang and dick tater.

This was going to be my response.
Lvl 28
I just realized something... Most of the people posting in this thread about the "West" only mention the US... Like the US is the be all, end all of "West".
Lvl 4
We had to help Britain when it came to the Falkland islands. Give me a break haha
Lvl 3
Quote:
Originally posted by omuh
To be honest, the US aren't really the world police. They only do something when the country has natural resources and/or contracts they want (Iraq and Afghanistan) or can be a threat to them (Iran). Freedom and war on terrorism are just excuses.

I agree on the world police comment. The US needs to be much more selective before it gets involved.

Yup, the US entered into WW2 and lost 417, 000 of it's own for the oil..... My girlfriend is French, her family was appreciative of the assist. Funny they never mentioned the oil.
The gulf war, yup, the US took the oil there too. Althalus and Omuh, you had your troops there too. What did you do with all the oil you got. I keep mine out in the back yard in barrels.

As for the war on terror being and excuse. I truly hope you never have to avail yourself of the same excuse in your countries.
Lvl 70
Quote:
Originally posted by B0b11

I agree on the world police comment. The US needs to be much more selective before it gets involved.

Yup, the US entered into WW2 and lost 417, 000 of it's own for the oil..... My girlfriend is French, her family was appreciative of the assist. Funny they never mentioned the oil.
The gulf war, yup, the US took the oil there too. Althalus and Omuh, you had your troops there too. What did you do with all the oil you got. I keep mine out in the back yard in barrels.

As for the war on terror being and excuse. I truly hope you never have to avail yourself of the same excuse in your countries.

My comment was supposed to concern modern wars. So yeah WW2 isn't really part of it and we can't compare the scale of it with current conflicts. The US did get a tremendous economy boost thanks to the EU reconstruction though but I agree that wasn't the point of assisting in the first place.

For the golf war, lots of countries involved got a lot of business contracts there. Either for reconstruction or for local exploitation. France did the same with some of its old colonies so it's not only the US I'm blaming here but you'd have to be naive to think a country is doing war for the sole purpose of helping other countries (unfortunately). France is pretty active currently in Africa (Libya, Mali and more recently central Africa) and I suppose "we" don't do that out of principle only.

As for the excuses, well we also have a bit of fear driven politics in France. Not as much as the US especially since we changed our president but that's still something to keep in mind before taking decision. The US is great at frightening people only to pass a liberty killing law.
We got our share of attacks too but that's not something that should justify so many fear and control.

Edit : we got plenty of oil in France, didn't you know ? It's a bit different though :

Lvl 12
I feel there pain, in Ukraine, they are very special people, I have been there many times with my work, I have meet lots of very special people there, it is very corrupt there, from the local police to the government
  • Goto: